Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Giuseppes

Giuseppes Italian Restaurant
1414 Cornwall Ave
Bellingham, WA 98225
(360) 714-9100
Website

We finally wandered into Giuseppes the other night to try one of the last few Italian places in Bellingham we hadn't been to yet.

Giuseppes is newly remodeled and I LOVED the atmosphere. It was cozy and warm feeling, even when the whole place was packed by 6pm. Around that time, they started the live piano music and I was in heaven.

The food at Giuseppes was fine, but once again I just wasn't that excited by it or blown away. It was nothing I couldn't make myself at home and the prices were once again in the $16-$20 range. I had the Shrimp pesto dish. (Linguini alla Bella) It was great pesto and succulent shrimp, but honestly it needed something to cut through all that richness. I added fresh tomatoes to my dish, which helped, but it needed something tangy like lemon or artichoke hearts. My husband had a gorgonzola cream sauce which suffered from the same problem. It needed something light and acidic to balance out the richness of the sauce.

The highlight of the meal was Tiramisu for dessert that I thought was absolutely perfect. My reccomendation if you are on a budget is to eat at home and then go to Giuseppes for wine & Tiramisu on a live piano night to soak up the romantic atmosphere. Otherwise, their pasta is quite good, but for me, not worth the hefty price tag.

1 comment:

ali said...

thanks for the review...we havent ventured over to guiseppes. i nailed the recipe for bruschetta...tastes like mambo italiano's...so maybe we will just stay home!