Thursday, July 06, 2006

Nimbus

Location: 119 N Commercial St
(360) 676-1307
Website

Summary: Bring that special date to Nimbus to enjoy a fancy meal and grab a window table for the most romantic view in the city.

There is something remarkable I have to tell you about this restaurant: I don't remember what I ate the one time we went there. Not a single item. This should be one of the most shocking things you've heard all day. I ALWAYS remember what I eat, particularly when I've spent quite a bit of money on it. I can list off my top ten favorite meals ever quite easily. But I don't remember Nimbus food.

What I do remember is the view. The cozy, warm feeling I had sitting there peering out of rain dripped windows. The haze over the city that didn't obscure much except for the mountains. Finally seeing how all those darn diagonal downtown streets lined up with the waterfront. The friendly people we chatted with at the table next to us. Not having our dear screaming child with us, the beauty of eating alone, just the two of us. Being quite satisfied with my meal, even if I don't remember a single thing about it.

We went on a rainy Monday night for my husbands birthday and it was perfect. I think I would always go on an "off" night so that you are sure to get a table near a window. Other than that, just go & give it a try for a special romantic occaision and let me know how the food was.

1 comment:

ali said...

I had to chuckle as I read this...especially the part where you invite comments!My husband and I had the worst experience ever at Nimbus!The ambience..nice if you are into upscale yuppiness,portions- comical (I will never forget my husbands face as his "meal"was served!) Not to mention I found a paper towel in my salad! Never again, I tell you....